Black Ankle Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race,
ethnicity, age, religion, gender identity, disability, or LGBTQ+ identification. Individuals who are Black,
People of Color, or members of other traditionally underrepresented communities are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Tasting Room Associate
Job Overview: Black Ankle Vineyards is looking for enthusiastic, positive and personable candidates with strong customer service and sales attributes who are flexible and love working in a team environment. Hospitality experience, sales and wine knowledge are preferred but not required. Applicants must thrive in a fast-paced work environment and have the ability to adapt and go with the flow.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide excellent and professional customer service, with an emphasis on creating customer loyalty and retention.
- Educate customers regarding Black Ankle Vineyards wines, our history, and our facility.
- Promote and sell wines, wine club memberships and merchandise by assisting and educating guests.
- Successfully and confidently navigate the Point of Sale system.
- Intelligently converse with customers on the topic of wine and wine/food pairings.
- Provide general tourist information about our area.
- Conduct numerous other duties associated with our tasting room service such as, but not limited to: restocking, clearing and cleaning tables, rearranging bars and tables, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, etc…
- Friendly personality and ability to converse with customers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Availability to work 6+ hours shifts that consist of weekends, some evenings, and holidays.
- Interest in wine and the wine making process.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Previous tasting room, sales & hospitality or wine retail experience is preferred but not required.
To apply for a Tasting Room Associate position, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.